Open windows can provide an easy point of entry for burglars and other criminals looking to enter your home. Luckily, we at The Window Factory are well-versed and well-stocked in a variety of window locks to better ensure your safety. The type of lock you choose may be dependent on the type of window installed in your home, but here is a brief rundown of a few basic types of locks our window experts offer:
- Hinged Wedge Locks – When used properly, the hinged lock prevents a window from fully opening. The window opens only as far as where the lock has been installed. However, should you choose to want to open the window further, the hinged lock can push inward towards the window to allow the window to completely slide open
- Sliding Window Locks –Sliding window locks are easy to install, and mount onto either side of the track by twisting a wing nut in place to mount it securely to the window. You will need to remove the lock with a key before opening the window, but it can be set to allow the window to remain slightly open, yet still locked.
- Folding Locks –Folding locks mount to the top window of a double-hung window and permit the window to open slightly. These locks allow for homeowners to still get a nice breeze throughout their home without having to worry about the repercussions of having a window open.
- Keyed Sash Locks – Keyed sash locks work efficiently with double-hung windows. They mount to the side of the window or window sash, and require a key to open and close. Once the keyed sash is in place, you must remove the lock with the key to open the window.
- Window Latch Locks –The window latch lock is probably the most commonly used window lock. The window latch lock attaches to one window and securely connects to another window when closed. It works by turning the handle on the latch to lock the windows into place.
Call us at (412) 727-6342 to discuss which locks may best suit your security needs!